Friday, June 21, 2002

It's a Friday afternoon, the 21st of June 2002.
Officially, it is the start of summer here.
I’ve been thinking a lot. These days.
Yes, I know.
I’m leaving France.
For good.
Yes, I mean that even if I will come back, it might never be as long as this time.
A year.
Or, almost.
I cannot believe it.
Where have the days gone?
I miss my friends.
But I want to go home too.
Home …

I’m leaving on the 30th of June for Hungary. Although, I am still waiting for my letter so I can get the visa. I sent one bag home yesterday. Finally, one worry gone. My sister is leaving on the 18th of July with my Dad to the US. They’re planning to live there for good. I’ll miss them so. My mom will wait for me until I get home before she leaves. I am happy that she will be there, at least for a while.

I don’t know. Things are going to be different when I get home. We’ll see. I miss my old life. But I’m happy too.
I’ll be travelling to Hungary, and possibly Romania and Bulgaria. I might be home late August or early July.

I feel glad I’m finally leaving Thourotte. It’s amazing really. I’ll write again.

No comments: